Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tumbes

Cole and the group are in the Jungle and I opted out because it was very expensive. So there I was headed in the Oltursa bus to Mancura with chips all over my chest watching some stupid chick flick they had on all the TVs; in Spanish with Spanish subtitles. There were only a few people on the bus so we had all the room we wanted. A local Peruvian lady sat across the aisle from me. She didnt speak a word of English. I decided to practice my Spanish on her.

Here I am in Tumbes with Augie and her sister Rita; it´s about an hour and a half past Mancura. As far as I think I know, they live in Lima and own a house here too. They rent it out and they´ve come to do some legal mumbo jumbo... some eviction stuff I think. They are teachers and they are between 50 an 60 years old. One of them reminds me of my mom. They are locals here and they´ve been taking care of me all day. They hooked me up with a hotel, Took me for lunch at a wicked local place that I would have never have gone to, took me on a boat, took me to a few different sites, beaches, lots of wildlife..mostly birds and crocs.. or were they gators? Either way, I now have a Peruvian mother.

I will hit Mancura probably tomorrow. They will be there in a couple days to meet me.

MaJo out

No comments:

Post a Comment