Friday, December 18, 2009

The City of Passion

Well here I in Buenos Aires. At first glance it seems very 'westernized' having Mc Donalds and Burger Kings sandwiching the people together in the streets. But they don't seem to mind getting a little up close and personal here. I appreciate a culture where everyone kisses each other when they meet. Makes me wonder why we got stuck with the hand shake.



The kissing rule down here is: there is no rule. I walk the streets and see couples sucking faces like vampires; the big difference is vampires only suck at night. Not only is this accepted, but it's expected; and I'm all-aboard. I have to say, it's refreshing to see true passion between couples of all ages here. At home I might have cringed to see two 60 year olds making out at a bus stop, but here, it makes one smile. I think there is a lot to be learned from this, so I'm bringing it home.



So the next time you and loverpants are at the movies, a coffee shop, waiting to cross the street, or standing in line at the bakery, grab them 'buns' and make them forget where they are with a nice big juicy kiss. Make them feel like they are the only person in the room for a moment and give them a taste of South America for me, cause that's what happens here.


I'm pretty sure the passion comes from the amazing music and dance they have here. The nightlife here is unreal and things 'start' happening full steam at about 1am. I've stumbled in and out of some really cool bars here. Monday nights they have a drum group named 'La Bomba de Tiempo' that blew the minds of me and a few thousand people. Not my footage, but check them out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncTiB94d4mA&feature=related

Not too often I'm up till 6am on a Monday night.. err Tuesday morning. Straight to the hostel to cash in the complimentary breakfast and then hit the sheets. I think I will have to be here to bring in the New Year.
There was a night where a few friends and I ended up on someone's rooftop where there was a huge party with a band that did a Christmas play. Baby Jesus was played by a 30-something year old hairy fat guy wearing a diaper. The Three Kings poured beer on him and the manger, just like in the bible.

The director for my next volunteer project in Mendoza, Thubten Kundrol http://proyectomonasterio.blogspot.com/, was nice enough to send me VIP to a concert this week. They are still looking for help of any shape or form if you are interested. I saw the Gilberto Gil concert where I met with him after the show. I didn't know who he was before, but he was very friendly and sincere. If you don't know him check him out:
http://www.gilbertogil.com.br/ - Great guitar work.
`
As of right now I'm shipping off to Uruguay to hit a beach for Christmas. There is a place called Cabo Polonio that I'm going to end up at for a few days. My body could use a couple thousand push ups right now, but that's okay. I might not send alot of e-mails from there considering they don't have electricity. http://cabopolonio.com/

Anyways, Merry Christmas everyone and I'll see you in the New Year!
Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment