Thursday, November 19, 2009

La Paz.. A Thing of La Past



Hey kids!

I wanted to give a quick update so everyone knows that I'm not in a cult and that La Paz actually is a wicked place to hang out despite what my last blog says. I spent another week there and it was quite sensational actually. I moved to the Adventure Brew Hostel which was probably the coolest one I've been to thus far. I may have made a mini 'cribs' episode about it. It was $7 a night and this is what it includes:

-firepit on a terrace overlooking the city
-all-you-can-eat pancake breakfasts
-all-you-can-eat nightly dinner buffets for $5
-3 movie rooms with a big DVD collection for the lazy times
-a brewery onsite and you get a free one daily (we call it the mandatory beer)
-when that's tapped you can buy 2 for $1.50 (and it's actually quality.. none of that 25 cent draft crap)
-this can be purchased at the bar on the top floor which has 4 player Mario Cart
-free internet
-kitchen access... and so on... blah blah blah


There were 4 of us that had guitars at the hostel and we would play at the fire almost every night. Travelling with a guitar is easier than it sounds and it's definately worth it. Also if you want cheap electronics.. La Paz is the place.



View from a hike.. Breath it all in.. on the right is the Devil's Mountain. There is a river seperating the two sides. There is a big contrast between the two sides... looks to be good vs evil... maybe this is where it all goes down... or up.


The translation to this abandoned building is 'The House of Democaracy'


The unexpected

Well, I'm in Paraguay right now and I start my Habitat project in a few days. I'll take some pictures and keep you updated. I bought a cheap electric razor as I've decided to become my own barber... I've always wondered what I'd look like with a bic'd head... hmmm..

Also, in case you havent figured it out.. if you click on the pictures they will enlarge...

Hasta Luego

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the update majo, always a good read. The hostel sounds unreal - why leave?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Majo, you're a fuckin' jem. How do you say that in Spanish? Anyway, Goood luck building the house!

    ReplyDelete